Join the Lord Clan today! Sign up on the forums and register in the Recruitment Office.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join the Lord Clan today! Sign up on the forums and register in the Recruitment Office.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Crazy guy with poolcue

4 posters

Go down

Crazy guy with poolcue  Empty Crazy guy with poolcue

Post  Lord'Doom Tue Apr 28, 2015 6:58 am

Happened yesterday evening at my local bar.
I sit there for about an hour, once in a while there's a weird scream from the back of the bar where the billiards table is. I thought it was just some drunk guy with a friend playing billiards. Some time of this and the bartender finally gets enough of it and tells the yeller guy to get out.
Couple of minutes after this the guy, without shoes, comes from the back waltzing towards me, gets told to stop messing around and act like an adult, put his shoes on and get out.
I'm not sure if he heard this or not, but he sits opposite of me, and proceeds to utter a few words incoherently. I say sorry, i didnt catch that? And then he repeats the question more clearly: "Would you happen to know how i could get in contact with Lucifer?" I naturally didn't know, so i said no, and he just leaned back with hands behind head and a smile on his face and said "ooohhh f*******"

At this point i thought this was some joker a bit drunk and just wanted to have a little fun talking to me or something.
So the bartender once again tells him to get his shoes on and "get the hell out or do i have to call the police?"
"Go ahead and call them."
He leans back a little while more and then walks calmly back to the back of the bar, comes back right away with a poolcue, i get the hell up from my chair and block his path back towards the counter. He stops a couple of metres in front of me and starts thumping the cue on the floor with one hand. The bartender tells him to go take the poolcue back, because he wont be needing it, he replies only: "Ofcourse i'll need it."
At this time i thought i was alone with the bartender, since my only friend there at the time was either in the smoking room or in the outside area of the bar smoking, and didnt have a line of sight to me, so i couldn't let him go further. (I probably should have said "You shall not pass." or something, but i didnt think it was too smart at that situation.)

So he thumps the poolcue a couple of more times to the floor and then suddenly starts hitting the chair where he sat a while ago, takes a swing at my drink, also hitting me above my left knee at the same time. Immediately takes another swing and hits me just above my left elbow. I stagger back a bit with the bartender now screaming to the phone for the police to hurry.
Then the real burning pain hits and i start moving back towards the staff area of the bar, to get some cover from the counter. By this time the flood of adrenaline and the intense pain from the hit made me useless and this gave him time to calmly walk to the back of the bar to retrieve two more poolcues, which he proceeds to use on the large television and while i'm holding my arm i see him move on a older man i didnt even notice was there and had nothing to do with the whole thing.
He proceeds to beat on the old man with the fresh cues mercilessly in the head and back, i couldn't even move very quickly at this point, but luckily there were three other guys in the smoking room who saw the crazy nut and rushed him, pulling him to the floor and keeping him there until the police came. If the other three weren't there i'm positive the crazy nut would have beat the old man to death.
While i only got two painful bruises for my trouble, the old man was covered in blood. Luckily the beater guy broke his pool cues on me and other things in the bar, so he only caused some wounds on the old man, and couldn't crush his skull with them.
I'm really lucky not to have a broken arm right now, even though the guy used the thick end of the poolcue.

So for you all: If a guy like this ever starts wielding some kind of stick or whatever in a bar, dont wait till he hits you like i did, grab a chair and use it as a shield.

Also, it was sheer luck the crazy guy didnt think to use the cast iron tipped aidcue used for one handed longer range hits with the poolcue. Someone would have died for sure.

Last edited by Lord'Doom on Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Lord'Doom
Lord'Doom
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Location : Somewhere in Skyrim, crawling up Alduin's backside.
Number of posts : 446

Back to top Go down

Crazy guy with poolcue  Empty Re: Crazy guy with poolcue

Post  Lord~Maddog89 Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:25 pm

man their are some real idiots out there. Glad your alright mate.

Hes probably going to end up in Jail for a while for assault and probably attempted murder.

You did a good job defending the bartender. YOU SHALL NOT PASS!!!!!  Smile 
Lord~Maddog89
Lord~Maddog89
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord'Doom Tue Apr 28, 2015 5:05 pm

I just realized i wrote "poocue" on the title
Lord'Doom
Lord'Doom
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed Tue Apr 28, 2015 8:43 pm

There are some idoits out there. Also if he had a weapon you could have wacked him with a chair, police can't do anything. As its classed as self defense unless you go mad and finish the job.
Lord~Deathspeed
Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Location : On bridge of the ishimuira, trying out a plasma cutter
Number of posts : 2406

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord'Doom Tue Apr 28, 2015 9:25 pm

Lord~Deathspeed wrote:There are some idoits out there. Also if he had a weapon you could have wacked him with a chair, police can't do anything. As its classed as self defense unless you go mad and finish the job.

Not necessarily here. I think its possible for self defence to get you more punishment that would come to the attacker. Only thing one can do is to rush the guy quickly with a group and pin to the ground until police arrives. I'm not sure what happens when the only self defence to survive is to kill the other guy but i think that you will go to prison no matter what.
Lord'Doom
Lord'Doom
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed Tue Apr 28, 2015 10:00 pm

It depends on the country at the end of the day.. I would have throught Finland would allow it under human rights but guess not.

Here in the UK you can defend yourself to "equal" force of the attacker, but you can't defend someone else its gotta be "your life thats under threat"

He was armed with a pool que, in the UK he would have had a chair to the face then thrown out..
Lord~Deathspeed
Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Maddog89 Wed Apr 29, 2015 10:46 am

We get some weirdo's in pubs in Australia, but its kinda the same here, if you defend yourself you get in trouble too. Its pretty stupid that the person defending themselves gets thrown in Jail too. Smile

All depends on the circumstance.
Lord~Maddog89
Lord~Maddog89
1st Lieutenant
1st Lieutenant

Number of posts : 229

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Hughsinkler Wed Apr 29, 2015 11:24 am

In terms of the Law as well as dignity Doom you did the right thing. Takes all kinds of people to make the world I guess, but it would appear in the long run that you are the bigger man here Doom (same as the bartender).

Unfortunately the powers that be are going to look at this as some "alcohol-fueled" incident. I don't consume any alcohol at all and I will never be doing so, however I am I strong supporter of adults being able to drink. Alcohol does not make someone violent and irrational; that person deep down already is. Alcohol is merely a trigger.

Lord~Hughsinkler
Lord~Hughsinkler
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2411

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed Thu Apr 30, 2015 12:52 am

I m with you there, I hardly go out, as there is always some muppet going to ruin it for you, but I do drink..From the comfort of my own home.

It seems even more so in my home town then others, I went out for the first time in a rich area and everyone was very polite and minded their own business.. Alias a few said evening to be nice, but that's how it should be.
Lord~Deathspeed
Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: