Join the Lord Clan today! Sign up on the forums and register in the Recruitment Office.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Join the Lord Clan today! Sign up on the forums and register in the Recruitment Office.
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Iggy's Debating Society

+3
Lord~Saviour
Lord~Deathspeed
Smurfy
7 posters

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next

Go down

Iggy's Debating Society - Page 2 Empty Re: Iggy's Debating Society

Post  Lord~Deathspeed Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:03 am

yey someone knows you forgot RAW Razz anyways enough of that, that can not be debiated Very Happy
Lord~Deathspeed
Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Location : On bridge of the ishimuira, trying out a plasma cutter
Number of posts : 2406

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2009 11:06 am

well i can understand that it works out that way yes but i don't grasp it

as for binary... no space in binary

0110100100100000011011000110111101110110011001010010000001111001011011110111010100100000011000010110110001101100

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:04 pm

indeed your right latty there is not
Lord~Deathspeed
Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Location : On bridge of the ishimuira, trying out a plasma cutter
Number of posts : 2406

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord'Doom Sat Mar 14, 2009 12:40 pm

The pi of asd and the sum of fgh and qwerty when combined create a conclusion wich will make you spew qwertyasdfgh before your head explodes.

asd + fgh + qwerty
when x=sdfgh

Therefore:

qwertyasdfgh / x = {x=fgh[xzytaofhl(sadfdasdf(]}

ASD*2 SFGH + QWERTY = QWERTYASDFGHUIOP

Now shut up and leave mathematics to the bottle-botom-glass-nerds in their little labs. pig
Lord'Doom
Lord'Doom
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Location : Somewhere in Skyrim, crawling up Alduin's backside.
Number of posts : 446

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2009 8:59 pm

are you aware that in maths when dealing with unknowns
A+B<>AB
A*B=AB
so your first equation makes no sense same as last

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2009 9:14 pm

now look what you all made out of this debating thread....
Iggy you should have posted something like "no admittance under the age of 6" in your first post, then there wouldn't be so much nonsense Very Happy

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Mar 14, 2009 10:02 pm

lol perhaps, I'm sure someone would still manage to undermine us Razz.

Next question:

Is there life out there?

For me, the answer is a resounding YES. In a universe as incomprehensibly large as ours, it is entirely feasible that the incomprehensibly unlikely will occur... for example, the genesis of life.

Take the Earth as an example. Life on Earth would not survive if our orbit was that of Venus or of Mars, not somewhere in between. The climate would be constantly shifting had we not been fortunate enough to have a moon whose orbit keeps the tilt of the planet's axis relatively in the same place. If we hadn't been fortunate enough to have an Ozone layer, all primordial life would have perished from radiation from the sun before it had a chance to gain a foothold. And if our planet had not been as large as it is, our atmosphere would have bled into space, leaving our planet lifeless (this is what probably happened to Mars). There are countless reasons why, all things considered, life should not exist, and it is indeed highly improbable that life exists at all.

However, going back to my first point, in a universe of billions of galaxies, within which there are billions of stars, around the majority of which we can assume orbit planets, I feel that the probability that we are the only place in the universe that life has evolved is several orders of magnitude smaller than the probability of life evolving in the universe at all. As for intelligent life, however, we may well be alone in this galaxy - but only time will tell.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord'Doom Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:13 am

Lord'latvian wrote:...
are you aware that in maths when dealing with unknowns
A+B<>AB
A*B=AB
so your first equation makes no sense same as last

Are you aware that i dont care what mathematics says, therefore i'm still correct and you're not. Very Happy
Lord'Doom
Lord'Doom
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Location : Somewhere in Skyrim, crawling up Alduin's backside.
Number of posts : 446

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2009 4:28 am

It was proven a few years ago that life can exist outside of earth - water has been found on mars, water the most important element for any life forms. And like you say Iggy, the law of probability is enough to reason that there must be hundreds if not thousands of places outside earth with some kind of life on them. I think some mathematicians just recently calculated that our milky way galaxy alone has about ~300 planets with life on it.

Intelligent life, that's another matter though. We humans are a very young species compared to the history of life on earth, plus we are constantly in danger, a comet could hit us any day and wipe us off our planets surface.

An interesting thing i recently heard is, scientists proved that if there is intelligent life outside of earth, they must be about the same size and height as we humans are, though i dont remember exactly why, it had something to do with the brain size iirc.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Mar 15, 2009 7:27 am

Flint wrote:It was proven a few years ago that life can exist outside of earth - water has been found on mars, water the most important element for any life forms. And like you say Iggy, the law of probability is enough to reason that there must be hundreds if not thousands of places outside earth with some kind of life on them. I think some mathematicians just recently calculated that our milky way galaxy alone has about ~300 planets with life on it.

Intelligent life, that's another matter though. We humans are a very young species compared to the history of life on earth, plus we are constantly in danger, a comet could hit us any day and wipe us off our planets surface.

An interesting thing i recently heard is, scientists proved that if there is intelligent life outside of earth, they must be about the same size and height as we humans are, though i dont remember exactly why, it had something to do with the brain size iirc.

sooo nothing new... though i don't believe your count
why?
simply H2O is too easy to combine in nature....
besides life can be sillicon based as well
and i know couple "fish" who actualy breathe H2SO4(on our planets neat litle ocean floor)
so water ain't only thing...same as oxygen or protein ... these things are simply things WE need

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:25 am

Lord'latvian wrote:sooo nothing new... though i don't believe your count
why?
simply H2O is too easy to combine in nature....
besides life can be sillicon based as well
and i know couple "fish" who actualy breathe H2SO4(on our planets neat litle ocean floor)
so water ain't only thing...same as oxygen or protein ... these things are simply things WE need

Life couldn't be silicon based, since silicon doesn't form the incredibly complex chains and rings that carbon does. Chances are that any life we come across will be dependent on liquid water (which is extremely important in that it can dissolve practically all things necessary for life) and will be carbon based, since carbon forms these complex molecules (carbon chemistry is most commonly called organic chemistry due to its importance in biology).

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Saviour Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:40 am

so no molten rock lava ppl on mars?

Lord~Saviour

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:41 am

Afraid not. Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Saviour Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:55 am

ah buggers wel luckily we still have humanoids, reptiloids, fishoids, treeoids and superintelligent shades of

the colour blue/

Lord~Saviour

Number of posts : 347

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:15 am

Hehe, someone's been reading too much Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy Razz.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:50 am

and again all that data you just gave out is based on known elements and organics found on our planet moon and one asteroid what might have fallen from mars but still is solar bound... we don't know even if all planets are same...some might be squared or triangle...

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 6:52 pm

Lord'latvian wrote:some might be squared or triangle...
i want planets that have the form of two disks, colored in dark-yellow, with a layer of dark brown stuff between them

Iggy's Debating Society - Page 2 149

and on that planet, cookies grow on the trees and people wear apples instead of shoes

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord'Zilon Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:25 pm

And theyre all made of chocolate! Very Happy
Lord'Zilon
Lord'Zilon

Number of posts : 212

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:28 pm

i was joking about forms you know

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Mar 18, 2009 1:03 am

Lord~Saviour wrote:so no molten rock lava ppl on mars?

HELL NO D:

can i has cookie too?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:10 am

Is Global Warming a genuine threat?

As a firm believer in the authority of scientific evidence, I feel very strongly that it is. The evidence that the world is warming is undeniable, and the effects, although almost unnoticeable at the moment, will be devastating if the world warms by as much as 4 degrees celsius. In a recent article of a magazine I read, New Scientist, they showed a glimpse of the world in 2099, after the effects of a 4 degree rise: deserts stretch from southern Europe to southern Africa, and from almost all of the USA to the Amazon. In other places, floods and drought make much of the remaining land uninhabitable. Siberia, Canada and Western Antarctica provide the majority of the world's food, while the majority of the world's people live in high rise cities in Scandinavia, the UK, Northern Russia and newly uncovered land in Greenland. Humanity survives, but the majority of the world's population has perished.

I feel that we must do everything we possibly can do to prevent this crisis from occurring, from cutting emissions and improving efficiency to creating new technologies that do not rely on fossil fuels to produce power. I myself intend to work on a possible solution for the world's energy problems - nuclear fusion. Given sufficient funding, we could be generating clean, cheap and abundant energy from deuterium in sea water and mined lithium by 2050, and that would most likely save the world from the future described above. To give you an idea of the incredible amounts of power produced by fusion:

To power a fusion power plant of 1000 MW (the size of a large coal-fired power plant) for a year, you need 250 kg of fusion fuel. A coal-fired power plant of the same size needs 2.7 million tons of coal every year! The lithium from one laptop battery, combined with the deuterium in 100 litres of water, can cover the electricity use of an average European citizen for 30 years.
- http://www.efda.org/fusion_energy/fusion_as_an_energy_source.htm

The overwhelming majority of scientists believe that global warming is a true and great threat. So, in summary, if you are a global warming skeptic, do us all a favour and either take a look at the facts or keep quiet so as to not poison the minds of those whose support is desperately needed. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:13 am

and if i'm not but have droped the caring thing?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:23 am

oh btw your lithium deuterium thingy
deutherium is realy hard to come by and can be found only in depths of the ocean
extracting it is rather expensive by todays methods

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 19, 2009 7:49 am

Fusion is a particularly attractive energy solution as it uses fuels that are abundant and available around the globe. The primary fuels used in fusion are deuterium and lithium. Deuterium is a hydrogen isotope, which can be readily extracted from water (there is around 33g of deuterium in every cubic metre of water), and lithium is an abundant light metal - for example used in lithium-batteries - from which tritium can be generated inside the reactor.
- http://www.efda.org/fusion_energy/fusion_as_an_energy_source.htm

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Mar 19, 2009 8:02 am

Lord~IGNGN wrote:Siberia, Canada and Western Antarctica provide the majority of the world's food, while the majority of the world's people live in high rise cities in Scandinavia, the UK, Northern Russia and newly uncovered land in Greenland.
you know, this actually doesn't sound so bad! i'd move to sweden, they got pretty girls there, most of you guys can just stay at home.. americans will probably going to move to canada, the australians&new zealanders we'd settle on those newly uncovered lands in greenland. energy won't be such a problem anymore, they get gas from the north pole in our days already and since there will be less people the demand won't be as high as it is now.

but yea of course we dont want the southern half of the earth to die from hunger etc. etc... i wanna be a software dev and either program ICBMs to fly in the direction of nato countries (after i voted the country i live in out of the nato), or do some scientific research in the field of computer science.

but honestly.. i dont think humanity will get its butt up from the comfy chair of capitalism, and actually do something for our planet.. i think a few important (=rich) countries need to disappear in a desert first, for the politicians to wake up and start investing money in science.. usa will go first i hope, they are half a desert now already and not many will miss their government if they go

edit: and remember the ice bears well, we are the last generation that gets to witness them alive in the wild and not in the zoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 7 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next