Join the Lord Clan today! Sign up on the forums and register in the Recruitment Office.

New game events

View previous topic View next topic Go down

New game events

Post  Lord~Deathspeed on Sat Mar 21, 2015 12:26 am

New Game Events

Salute guys;

I have came up with an idea of which I am ready to release to you guys. I have been talking to my fellow officers for about a week about this idea and its got strong support from them. Now rather then ask what you guys think about the idea and how it should work, we have decided it would be best to push this idea into service, and see how it goes. Reason for that is due to inactivity over some of our official games, which is why we have decided to get this on the road now.

The idea is simple, we host a random game event, ideally once a week for our Lords to join and play together, and hopefully have fun while doing so. Now these games can be anything multiplayer, for example I am starting with Warthunder, which is a free to play Action game based around WW2 equipment & later. Now here is the rather special bit, you will be rewarded for once actions in terms of medals for these, just like you would in official games. I made that a feature of these to give you an extra reason to join in. As far as I m concerned, when we make these events in that moment of time that game is seen as official.

How I came up with this idea was simply due to past conversions with current & ex lords regarding our games and the protocol we go through before we make a game official, is very long winded..But that very thing makes this clan...unique as it were....Now while those conversions did not house the answer we may well be looking for it was not till I was watch a you tuber that has varied content, and the fact that we have not been running any form of event in our official games, then it struck me, what if we make a event of a game that lords like to play..So I went to steam and seen Lords playing other games that we could take advantage of, sometimes together...Bingo. That is what I am looking for...So here we are today.

FAQ
Who can make such events?
Due to the fact that the game that has been chosen at the time of the event would be official, I m affriad that it would be a Sargent or above, the normal rule applies however..Highest rank person is in charge.
Is there a way I can get a game selected?
Yes, put your nomination into the suggestions thread. For anything else, Officers and NCOs should look/post what members like to play to ensure success of an event or events.
You said i would be rewarded for taking part is this so?
Yes & no, you won't be reward just for taking part, you would be rewarded like you would be playing one of our official games, IE making a contribution
What sort of rewards?
Medals....However if a certain situation came about to promote a member due to their performance then that as well, but it would be quite rare.
Why not ranks?
Ranks are earned and not given, also these are not full official games, if we did promote members just for taking part in these than whats the point in having a game full time officially? †
Can we have one game more then once?
Yes of course
If a game has become quite popular via this new system would it become official?
Yes, of course..with this officers can see what games are popular and requested, so we would run more events with that game eventually we would seek and worthy Nco/officer as a game commander and it would then become official as part of standard protocol..However this is too far ahead, right now this is just a demo.

If anyone has any questions regarding this, be it my aims with it or what its going to do for us, please feel free to ask me via commenting on this or Pming me via fourms...I have already put out an event with Warthunder on steam †bounce

Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Location : On bridge of the ishimuira, trying out a plasma cutter
Number of posts : 2406

Back to top Go down

Re: New game events

Post  Lord'Warlord on Sat Mar 21, 2015 6:08 pm

is it ok if i may ogranize at one of the following unofficial game?

>Defiance
>Star conflict

i also have firefall but i dont know how many lords play's it

By blood and war, Glory and honor, victory and succses we go to Battle
and uphold the clan
Lord'Warlord
Sergeant
Sergeant

Number of posts : 161

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed on Sat Mar 21, 2015 7:48 pm

Yeah, I don't think anyone would mind..as long as it don't interfere with the one we already got

Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Location : On bridge of the ishimuira, trying out a plasma cutter
Number of posts : 2406

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Hughsinkler on Sun Mar 22, 2015 7:41 pm

I will add to the 1st Lt's post that this is not a "lets play this game and all lords should play why aren't we playing it waaahhhh" thread. Such threads turn into themselves a long winded heated argument that lasts for months with no real result.

So the way its going to work is:
1. Post your nomination like 1Lt Deathspeed has said.
2. A small amount of discussion will be allowed.
2. Get a yes or no from the Officers
3. If you have a yes, make up a time/date/reason/plan for the event, then give the details to 1Lt Deathspeed for posting.

Only 1Lt Deathspeed or otherwise authorised person is allowed to post announcements of events, with the information that you guys provide, on Steam or otherwise. This is to ensure the correct information is given out and there's no chance of miscommunication.

Any posts here that deviate from the above or from 1Lt Deathspeeds original post will be deleted.

Lord~Hughsinkler
Lieutenant Colonel
Lieutenant Colonel

Number of posts : 2407

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top