Join the Lord Clan today! Sign up on the forums and register in the Recruitment Office.

FPS Discussion

View previous topic View next topic Go down

FPS Discussion

Post  Lord~DjDarkness on Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:05 pm

Some AVSP screens dx9 all max 16x anistropic from the demo in steam.
Unfortunately my fraps fps dont show on those screen >.< (prolly coz not full version or something)

Lord~DjDarkness

Number of posts : 476

Back to top Go down

Re: FPS Discussion

Post  Guest on Sat Feb 06, 2010 5:00 am

gahh DJ.. we got a game screenshot area just for that ^^

we also got some members on dialup and pidgeon post they gonna love this

furthermore, Major... who allowed you to not win those AVP matches? even our highest ranked members need a written permit to lose in computer games! Razz

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~DjDarkness on Sat Feb 06, 2010 6:02 am

I know Flint it's in wrong place but had to put them in a place that a friend outside clan can see so i just used this space.
Cool

Lord~DjDarkness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 07, 2010 5:02 pm

game is majorly fun especially with the predator disc or alien grabs... nothing like ripping a marine's throat out to brighten your alien's day

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord'Doom on Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:36 am

Taht game looks pretty cartoony compared to the new Stalker tbh...

Lord'Doom
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Location : Somewhere in Skyrim, crawling up Alduin's backside.
Number of posts : 445

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed on Mon Feb 08, 2010 11:12 am

yeah i have to agree with doom, compared with mass effect it looks well rubbish, and compared to what dooms been showing me of the new stalker, hell the old L4D puts it to shame tbh Neutral

Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Location : On bridge of the ishimuira, trying out a plasma cutter
Number of posts : 2406

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~DjDarkness on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:37 pm

Well that demo does not reprecent the finished product if you guys talking about AVSP so cant say whats the truth about "cartoon" graphics before they release the full version eh ?
So how about comparing the graphics in to finished games when they get it done first Cool
Oh and have to say that Stalker pripyat looks a complete copy of CoD 4 with minor tweaks .
Just hoping the game it self is not a copy of CoD in-game.

This is CoD 4 and soz for the poor image. ( it's 7 in the morning and i had 5 min to find an example pic)
dang no time to find a decent stalker imato it's side at such short notice but people who know the game prolly sees the resemblance of the 2 games ans in allmost photo like copy.

Lord~DjDarkness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Feb 08, 2010 7:08 pm

CoD and Stalker series are very different games, CoD is about short missions and lot of action, Stalker is a big open world with rpg elements like quests, inventory, merchants, day/night change, different factions one can join, and armor/gun upgrades. also Stalker has the best ballistic physics i ever saw in a FPS. and dudes sitting by a campfire telling russian jokes and playin guitar all night - in my first stalker game my first night i was a bit scared to go into the woods so i sat down with those and waited til the sun got up.. they told some funny jokes too, all related to the game.. too bad those jokes cant be translated, the other languages are too poor to express their meaning Very Happy

that ferris wheel - is it the one from chernobyl/pripyat? its in stalker cause the devs actually been in chernobyl and modeled the game very close to the real locations. dont know CoD4 but if they got a chernobyl/pripyat level then that ferris wheel is a must, its for pripyat what the eiffel tower is for paris.

and that cartoony look - i guess DJ is playing an alien and the game shows the world from the eyes of an alien, all the walls and objects look twisted, there are no straight lines, and the colors are all brownish. if that game is like AVP2 then it has different vision modes for predators and aliens, i loved that predator infravision mode back when i played it. oh and the final version of this new AVP wont look different i think, they wont change the grafic engine or textures anymore. ok maybe a few textures but it will mostly look the same.

edit: yea this is the pripyat ferris wheel, here is a photo of the real one - and both games got that wheel right

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:27 pm

they have one like it, very much like it, but both look better.

yeah stalker can CoD are tow different things

you can related fallout with stalker as they are both FPSRPG after that, they are different.

its like trying to compared GTR with DIRT

Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:08 am

Thanks for posting the screens DJ. It doesnt look that good to be honest but you cannot look a gift horse into its mouth Wink
Remember people, its only a demo. And DJ was running it only on DX 9 mode. The full retail version will support DX11 features such as hardware tessellation and it's subject to vastly improve the graphics.

As for Stalker, I am installing Call of Pripyat as I write this. Hopefully its more like the original. Clear Sky was broken and although I could sense a great atmosphere on it, it lacked too badly in the actual gameplay, namely weapons.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord'Doom on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:10 am

Well after a brief exposure to the game world of Stalker CoP, i can tell you it's light years better than the 2 original ones, especially when compared to Clear Sky.
THE ONLY bug worth mentioning here really, is the fact that while Xfire is on, the game will not start. Although some objects may become "stuck" into objects or walls so they cant be picked up, such as some underground cave artefacts, this can be fixed by quicksave/quickload.

Also, it no longer takes 2 clips from AK to kill a simple mutie dog, in fact, i can kill them with pistols now. Although pistols now have a "fixed" rate of fire they are still much better than in the original game.

Other aspects such as weapon maintenance and modification has been made more challenging, but in a good way. Traders will no longer buy shitty guns from you, that are close to breaking. You need to have them repaired first, which will easily end up costing you more than selling them. So there's no point in picking up, or carrying more than 1 or 2 weapons for use, and 1 or 2 for sale, as all the ammo and other equipment you carry will easily amount to 50kg which is the maximum weight you can run with. 60kg is the maximum weight you can carry without suit mods or weight artefacts.

Your main source of money will be the odd gun in good condition, but mainly, it will be artefacts. Artefacts can only be found near/ in anomalies, and you will need a detector so you can "see" them and be able to pick them up. And when i say they are in anomalies i mean those big ones, like this one named oakpine. It's a large ewok house branch resembling mutated tree, or trees, that look like several trees grown together. Other anomalies can be found as markings on the map. Perhaps the most fun is called "Circus" which is 2 comets circling a pit in opposite directions with a fire poltergeist in the bottom guarding a fire related artefact.

Remember, when wearing artefacts you NEED one that negates the radiation they give. Antirad artefacts are hard to find, so dont sell them off. The more common antirad artefact is propably the Jellyfish.

By the way, when you find the boatwheel semi artefact, a stalker will try to scam it from you saying his friend is sick. Just say you found no such thing, and he will attack you, you can blame it on his group and take their stuff when they are dead. You'll get a proper AK from them atleast.

Last edited by Lord~Doom on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:18 am; edited 1 time in total

Lord'Doom
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:12 am

adding to what doom said, play the first one first, as this is a carry on, i wonder why it don't carry on from clear sky

I found that out by reading the intro :p I m going to get it btw

Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord'Doom on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:20 am

Clear sky first, as clear sky's events happened before Shadow of Chernobyl.

Lord'Doom
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:21 am

I won't even touch clear sky Neutral

and thats a messed up timeline

still I have hte two older onces, just don't like the invisible things Neutral

oh yeah doom you need some AA in that I see nasty edges Very Happy :p

*runs away*

Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:49 am

the only good thing seems to be the lack of bugs and the hotkey for quickhealing. Perhaps it is a decent game dont know before i'v played it.

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed on Tue Feb 09, 2010 5:48 am

well you don't know till you play it

Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~DjDarkness on Wed Feb 10, 2010 3:29 pm

Yah trying a game out tells more than thousand images.
Ps. tbh when looking at the pics it seems that no ammount of anti alliancing can fit the boxed characters but the game it self might be nice.

Lord~DjDarkness

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed on Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:57 am

its showing its age, I mean they used that same engine since SOC

Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:23 am

they developed the engine too, Doom tells me its new incarnation has gotten many changes and even feels different.. and yea DJ if you like good gameplay you should like stalker, its not a real rpg but gets about as close as an fps could get

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed on Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:25 am

yeah they have domne wonder to the engine, but it does show its age in some areas, you can use one engine forever

Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord'Doom on Fri Feb 12, 2010 2:24 am

On a scale of 4-10 i would rate Stalker CoP :

8 for graphics.
9 for story.
9 for character dialogue.
7 for bugs
9 for user interface.
7 for the game's area size. (Quite small)
+ Bonus points for game playability and realism improvements.

Lord'Doom
Staff Sergeant
Staff Sergeant

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:16 am

10 for ballistics

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed on Fri Feb 12, 2010 6:58 am

why don't you just categorise it for example bugs may affect graphics or game play or a matter of both, if its a glitch with say silenced pistols which pretty much makes them in effective, than you will mark down gameplay

example

Graphics- everything to do with eye cady, graphics, physics..
Game play, the way the environment interact with you and you it, this includes combat game play etc
Story/plot- does what it says on the tin, is the story throught out, long? you feel dawn to it
Sound- from environmental sounds to voice acting
lasting appeal- can you play this game again? multi play loads of different ways to do things etc, different every single time you start again.

obviously you can add groups if you feel its important to the game :p
than rate on the total marks

alot easier

also for bugs, that should pull down gameplay or graphics which ever it affects, sorry I have been laying floor all day than moving stuff about, hence why I m cranky :p

Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top