Join the Lord Clan today! Sign up on the forums and register in the Recruitment Office.

Discuss your rig here

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Re: Discuss your rig here

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 12, 2009 4:36 am

mine is bigger Razz

nah j/k.. you're a high performance freak Vlad, we dont have that many high-perf freaks here so i dont think anyone can challenge you, we dont play in the same league.. i for example dont even know any of those model numbers you wrote, and i study&work in software development =)

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Mon Oct 12, 2009 5:01 am

I just LOL'd.

What else can I say...hardware is my life.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2009 3:18 am

Finally got my HD 5870.

And what can I say.

Quiet and killing performance. My old 280 sli kit was only MARGINALLY faster on benchmarks, without including 3dmark Vantage of course.
Crysis is totally playable on 1080p with all the visuals cranked up to their maximum value without a single hick-up. Very impressive ATI. If this card keeps going as strong I'll definitely get another one for CrossfireX configuration.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2009 4:34 am

... ^crazy person^

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Wed Oct 21, 2009 5:53 am

4870 shall be OC'ed tonight
(let vlad oc his card it is whole gen higher)
it must reach 20% performance increase without getting overheat...mission starts now
failed due to incorrect driver reverted to older one reinstalled newer one and stoped for now:S bye bye till next time

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~DjDarkness on Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:43 pm

Getting my AMD Phenom 2 x4 955 Black edition Rev.c3 today.
Mission : To overclok it in to 3,9-4,1 GHz that is usually taken out from the prosessor and keeping it cool enough with my new noctua NH-D14.
Next mission : Trying to brake all my 3D Mark records 3D Mark 03 3D Mark 06 and 3D Mark Vantage
Some tweaking needs to be done : Got to adjust some fan setting to get my 4890's oc to it's max for maximum performance and output.
The clocks will be raising from stock gpu 900 MHz to 960 MHz and GDDR 5 to 1060Mhz for both cards.
Done that before but had less cooling so let's try again-

To buy list : Ati His 5970 oc + 4 GB Dual kit trident DDR3 2133 9-9-9-2x + 2TB Moar HDD space ( this time anything else but crakling noise making slow crap Samsung spring point) + 1 more 12 cm 1200rpm noctua fan with ultra low noise adapters.

Let's see what future brings up when i get my hands on the 6 core Thuban and the new chipset mobo thats coming out for AMD and not to forget the new GPU stuff thats coming out from ati.
A rumour tells that Ati is going to adjust it's current 5000 series a bit before releasing a new series so have to wait and see what shall i slap in this Black box of mine when the fun stuff comes out.

-Over and out-

Lord~DjDarkness

Number of posts : 476

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~DjDarkness on Sun Feb 07, 2010 1:40 am

Ok some briefing if anyone is interested.
Got my new CPU installed and my NH-D14 laying on top of it .
So far i just put on some more multiplyer from 18 in to 19 and kept the old voltage(1.50v CPU core and 1,200v on CPU NB) that ran the Rev.C2 at 3,838GHz now the result was instant 3,952GHz with same temperature.
Allso did some cleaning and re-installing inside the case to get both of my HIS 4890's in GPU 955 and GDDR5 to 1055. (orginal for the cards as they are factory overcloked is 900 GPU and GDDR5 1000)
With some backround programs and not much adjusting i managed to brake 17k limit on 3D Mark Vantage so i consider it a pretty nice result for the prize i pay'd for the parts.
I know everyone is rly bored of reading this but ill update some more when i get to hog some more info after serious testing.

PS. Im doing this to keep record for my self and giving at least some sort of a picture what you can get out of AMD.
Perhaps someone might actually get some help or new ideas from this. ( Seriouslu doubting but still, It gives me a nice excuse to keep going and raising my d*** over the internet)
( Yeah yeah yeah i know Intel does this and that but im in to AMD and im showing what i can do with it when it comes to overcloking.)

Lord~DjDarkness

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on Sun Feb 07, 2010 3:31 am

umm... the "rig" im writing my diploma dissertation for/on is a cluster made of 9 apple pc's with 8 cores each.. and i make that thing calculate checkers moves Twisted Evil

(ya ya i know.. mac os sucks and im not an apple fanboy anyways but thats the only cluster they got at my uni)

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed on Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:40 am

I ve declocked mine due to memory issues, and reduced the memory latency which AMD don't have due to a integrated MCH, thats why AMDs feel "smoother" in games, for some reason even if that done it still got a little intel hang there. oh yeah adding to the point, intel now have their MCH on the die like AMD but they still have the little hang confused

face it way do I need 3.8Ghz on a intel quad? still can code/decode things very fast anyway (please refer to toms hardware charts) (note two regarding charts, they are or done at STOCK, so at thier rated FSB or equivalent, and the higher ratio is stock as well)

Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Location : On bridge of the ishimuira, trying out a plasma cutter
Number of posts : 2406

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~DjDarkness on Sun Feb 07, 2010 6:40 pm

Heres some quite interesting geek info on hyper threading on intel chips since a lot of people dont know actually what it does and where it rly help's.( At least i have talked to many intel owner's that have funny stories hot hyperthreading helps in for example Crysis)
http://vr-zone.com/articles/does-core-i7-hyper-threading-helps-/6160.html

Oh and some small update on my own rig.
Got the CPU running on 4,056GHz with raising the multiplier in to 19,5x and FBS at 208 Ram is moving at 1664MHz with 9-9-9-28 1.75v CPU core voltage is 1,500v CPU Vid at 1,200v and NB on 1.200v
Heres some 3D Mark Vantage preview http://service.futuremark.com/resultAnalyzer.action?resultId=1865722&resultType=19

Lord~DjDarkness

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed on Mon Feb 08, 2010 2:32 am

i don't care about HT as I don't have it and I m not upgrading my rig, the only way forward for me is I7(or even I5), and HT don't make a blind bit of differences unless the apps can push the 8 threads over wise it just makes more heat

you will notice that AMD is not really a upgrade for me, its only a side step

theremore, don't use vantage, its basied with Nvidia

Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~DjDarkness on Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:33 pm

Erm cant say much more than ? Question

Lord~DjDarkness

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed on Mon Feb 08, 2010 8:32 pm

well not much more to say really, its mainly CPU dependent as well, higher your clock speeds the higher the score pretty much seems the case with it.

vantage has physX built in for some reason, if you have a Nv GPU (*checks....nope:P) and have it turned on you will get higher scores

that said its a great way of checking stability, ethoir GPU or CPU

Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~DjDarkness on Mon Dec 27, 2010 3:02 am

Thank god i dont need Physx since i got crossfired 6870's working in perfect harmony with MLAA on all the time Cool

Lord~DjDarkness

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~DjDarkness on Mon Dec 27, 2010 6:17 am

Just ordered new set of 250mm case fans for my pc.
Going to take some photos of the assembly process and the finished product incase some one might be interested in moding theyr own case more silent and increasing airlow.
The case is Tagan Monolith that originally had 2 250mm fans with blue light and controlls.
The controlls im propably going to bypass since they can allways be on max, For the reason that the fans are rly silent on maximum power.
Theres allso a light switch for both old fans incase i want to dim my casing in to complete black , But on the other hand i think im going to leave the light permanently on since i never shut them down.
My current rig is pretty much on my signature with the eception that i have some savings left to buy a AMD Phenom 2 X6 1090T BL.
I did change my GPU's a while ago for a set of ATI 6870 OC'd crossfire setup.
Gotta say the performance of my new cards is impressive in all it's current forms.
Still believing in ATI for the big bang to small money ratio and unbeliavable scaling compared to anything else.
And before the talk begins about non working drivers , Gotta say mine work and has worked from the beginning with my last 3 cards so dunno where the bad publicity towards the drivers have come from.

Lord~DjDarkness

Back to top Go down

Post  Lord~Deathspeed on Mon Dec 27, 2010 9:29 am

I m redoing my rig soon as I m still rolling with lga775 rig I built years ago with a few changes

I know have a asus xonar sound card
and a Nvidia GTX480

I m don't want multi card setup now anyways.

I dunno what I m getting yet through

I know it will be basedaround intel again, as I see 6 cores useless remember what I put on this thread ?

also I5 is going EOL leaving only I7 for me also I can get the mobos for less than 200

So atm I got
case: undicided
powersupply probley will be a corsiar 750watt
cpu is likey to be a I7 950 or 930 which ever is better but will be overclocked
the mobo so far if the stock and price stays will be a asus rampage II extreme
RAM tbd
HDD again tbd
sound card asus xonar D2 with a external AMP
cooling I m thinking of water cooling
theme its defo going to be red and black scheme with power supply braided
GPU would again be around Nvidia at this moment in time

yes I m become more grown up with my rigs, no more of these fancy crap light things its all about hte perforamce and the thermal perforamce

Lord~Deathspeed
Civilian
Civilian

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 3 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3

View previous topic View next topic Back to top